Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I got a new toy

I have wanted a Vitamix every since I saw it on QVC. Well, they had them on special and I bought one. Last night I made hot soup in it. I made Smokey paprika pumpkin soup. There is no heating element in the unit - just the speed the soup spins so fast it causes enough friction for the soup to get hot - pretty neat. Tonight I am making salmon bisque. Being single I have a tendency not to eat a nutritous dinner. It is a pain to cook for one person, so now I can come home and make a batch of soup as quick as I can open a couple of cans, toss in some veggies, and in less than 10 minutes have tasty hot soup.
Today's lunch - yum!

I got the binding cut for the aqua quilt. Here it is on the design wall. I cut some of the strips into shorter pieces to mix things up and so the binding looked more like it was made with scraps.

No comments: