Monday, January 23, 2012

Funny how plans change

We had received about 2" of snow Friday night so traveling 20 miles to get my perm was stressful. Instead of 55 mph I did 25 to 30. I made it in one piece so that is all that mattered. On the way back home the roads were much better. I messed around doing a little of this, a little of that, and then got ready to go see my nephew play.
He played with the guitar behind his back during "Cold Shot" - he is not in pain; he is just very instense when he plays.

Then he played the harmonica for "Roadhouse Blues"

Sat and played with Jammin' Paul

Then a little behind the head guitar playing for "Pride and Joy"

He finished the night off by playing "Maggott brain" and got a standing ovation.

Father and son in front of the marque


Sunday I started on moving the fabric and shelving from Peg's bedroom back to the fabric storage room after I got the baseboards done. I needed to fill the nail holes, put on a final coat of paint and caulk the gaps.





Now lets move the fabric and shelves from one room to another


I still have a few things to move out of Peg's bedroom, but at least I have room to set up the bed frame. You might notice that the window treatments have changed. When I moved my bed upstairs I needed something for the windows so I borrowed the ones from this room. The ones here are just temporary until I can get ones made for the master bedroom. I still need to finish the window trim and there are four pieces of tile flooring I need to install and then this room will be done.

I did work on the baby quilt and this is all I have left to quilt - see the areas where the safety pins are? I didn't get the suit altered either, but I feel good about getting the the fabric storage room on its way to being finished.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Room looks fabulous. You must have a totally new house by now! I wish I had a fabric storage room. I wonder if I could move Frank out and use his space. Who needs a husband anyway? Oh.....he is the one with the money! LOL

glen: finding space elsewhere, I guess......

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your nephew looks so young but it looks like he's well into a career.

I'm glad you are able to get back to the work on your fabric room. It must feel good to have so much accomplished on the 2 rooms.